This is a recipe from my brilliant Mum (aka Nonna) who has been making this soup for as long as I can remember. I love it. And my daughter does too. It uses simple, everyday ingredients to make a wholesome and comforting soup. Plus, it is super easy to make. This recipe makes 2 adult and 3 toddler sized portions.
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stick of celery and a handful of celery leaves, chopped finely
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 pints of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g small pasta shapes (I used rizoni)
- 100g frozen peas
- Put all ingredients, except the pasta and peas, into a large pan. Stir well, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta and peas to the soup and continue cooking, with the lid on, for a further 15-20 minutes. The soup is ready when the vegetables and pasta are cooked and soft.