This recipe combines banana, coconut and pineapple to make a tropical treat. The cookies were enjoyed by the whole family. My husband was pleasantly surprised to find that it was ‘a bit like a pina colada’ (hence the name). The coconut is not too overpowering and the pineapple brings a fresh juiciness. The cookies are easy to make and freeze well. The recipe makes 20 cookies.
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tbsp crushed pineapple (drained)
- 50g butter or vegan margarine
- few drops vanilla extract
- 50g dessicated coconut
- 50g oats
- 50g raisins
- Mash the banana in a large bowl. Add the pineapple and mix well.
- Melt the butter and leave to cool. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Mix the butter into the pineapple/banana mix. Add the coconut, oats and raisins. Mix well and leave to stand for 5 minutes. The mixture will firm up.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out the cookie mixture and shape into small balls in your hand. Place on a lined or greased baking tray.
- Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes until they are lightly brown (the coconut looks toasted).