A quick and tasty dish with a texture that can be adapted to suit different ages.
- Knob of butter and splash oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 fennel
- 1/2 potato
- 1/4 pt low salt stock
- 1/4 pt whole milk
- 1 cup butter beans
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn (frozen, canned or fresh)
- Fry onion, garlic, fennel and potato in the butter and oil for 5 minutes. Fry over a medium-low heat so that the vegetables don’t brown.
- Add the stock, milk and butter beans. Simmer until the potato is almost cooked.
- Add the sweetcorn and simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Serve chunky or mash up with a fork to give a thick and creamy texture.