A feast for your little one’s eyes and tummies. They will love this sweet and flavoursome dish.
- Splash oil (nut, sunflower or other)
- 1/4 tsp nigella seeds (onion seeds)
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 beetroot, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 garlic glove
- 1 cardamon
- pinch tumeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- large pinch of cinnamon
- small handful of sultanas
- 4 tbsp plain yoghurt (I used greek yoghurt)
- Fry the seeds in the oil for a few minutes.
- Add the grated carrot and beetroot and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add all other seasonings and sultanas. Cook for 10 minutes or so, adding water if the mixture begins to dry out.
- Add the yoghurt and cook until the beetroot and carrots are tender.
- Remove garlic clove and cardamon before serving. I served this with quinoa but it could happily go with rice or another grain.