These biscuits are a great way to turn over ripe bananas into a wholesome treat. They are very simple to make and older toddlers can happily join in with the banana mashing and ingredient pouring. A perfect activity for a rainy day. Once made, these biscuits can keep for at least one week (if hidden away from little hands). The recipe makes around 20 biscuits.
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 50g butter or vegan margarine, melted
- few drops of vanilla extract
- 50g dried banana fingers, chopped or dried banana coins (the soft, chewy ones)
- 50g oats
- 50g ground almonds
- 25g ground linseed
- 25g raisins
- Mash up the banana in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla extract to the mashed banana. Mix together.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes and the mixture will firm up.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out balls of the dough. Roll and then pat down on an oiled or lined baking tray.
- Bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.